SCHOOL UNIFORM RULES
As a school we have always been proud of the standards we have set for school uniform and general appearance. We believe our school uniform is practical and streamlined with an aim of keeping costs to a minimum for families.
Your son/daughter will be fully aware of these rules but I would like to draw your attention to the points listed below:
Primary and Secondary
- No jewellery or make up is allowed in school.
- No extreme hair styles.
- Plain black shoes - No training shoes or boots. No high heels.
- Official school polo top.
- Official school sweatshirt or cardigan.
- Official school fleece.
- Official school rain coat ONLY.
- Rucksack or bag
- Primary reading bag (available from Primary reception)
- Plain navy classic-cut trousers (No jeans, chinos, flares or sportswear) and navy socks
- Navy knee-length skirt with navy socks or tights. Only the official school skirt from A Class Apart or Ruckleys is acceptable.
Primary Summer Uniform
- Blue and white summer dresses
- Official school polo top
- Official school sweatshirt or cardigan
- Navy short
Primary: PE Lessons
- School house T-Shirt (red, blue, green - available from Primary reception)
- Navy shorts or skirt
- Navy socks
- PE bag
Secondary: Physical Education Games
- Official school rugby shirt
- Official school shorts or skirt
- Official school blue socks
- Trainers or boots
- PE bag
Secondary: PE Lessons
- Official school white polo top
- Official school shorts
- Royal blue socks
- PE bag
- One piece of subtle jewellery is allowed. Light make up and clear nail varnish may be worn.
- One pair of stud earrings may be worn on the lower ear lobe.
- No unusual hairstyle, tramlines or colour not in keeping with the style and standard of the school uniform.
- Plain black skirt to the knees for the girls which is not figure hugging or of a stretch material.
- Plain black trousers for the boys/girls (no chinos, jeans, tight trousers or trousers that have labels or flamboyant buttons).
- Plain leather black shoes, not trainers or canvas daps with logos.
- Rucksack or bag
All uniform must be clearly marked with pupil's name.
School uniform can be purchased from the stores below
YC Sports Canton
There are many ways to buy uniform from YC Sports:
purchases made on-line can be delivered to your home with an addition postal charge.
purchases made on-line can use the 'Click and Collect' option which is a free delivery service. Orders can be collected from the Main School reception.
YC Sports will have a 'pop up shop' in school in the last week of each half term.
or visit the YC Sports shop.
YC Sports (Canton branch)
156 Cowbridge Rd East
Please note, YGBM uniform is not available from the Crwys Road branch.
A Class Apart
At A Class Apart, we offer a number of purchase & delivery options meaning that you can choose the option which is best suited to you.
Online purchases may be collected from our shop, delivered to your home or place of work, or delivered to your child's school to be collected. Collection from the shop and deliveries to school are free of charge.
Deliveries to home or work addresses are charged at a flat rate of £4.95.
Uniform can also be purchased from our store: - A Class Apart, 9 The Parade, Dinas Powys, CF64 4NR.
T: 02920 515722 W: www.aclassapart.co.uk
45-47 Holton Rd Barry CF63 4HB are now stocking Bro Morgannwg uniform.
We are open Monday to Saturday 10 am - 5 pm all year round but extend these hours during the back to school period. Please join us on facebook.com/ruckleys for regular updates.
We take cash and debit/ credit card and offer an easy payment plan.
You can phone up and pay and collect or we can deliver to school but we welcome face to face and pride ourselves on our friendly customer services. We even have a fluent Welsh speaker in our team.
Appointments are only necessary during July and August although we encourage year 7 pupils to book or call in May/June. Discounted bundles are available for families that shop early.
To book an appointment please follow this link https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/RuckleysBooking1@Ruckleys.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/
Or call 01446 700006
Text/WhatsApp 07957 312 624
We accept uniform donations, which can be delivered to Primary or Main reception.
Please ensure the items are in good order and clean.
This uniform is then sold, at a reduced price, at school events.
Lost property is managed by Miss Cari Ormerod, Science Department.
It is always important to have uniform and equipment named. If items do get lost and are named, we will always try to place them back with their owner.
If you are missing items please contact Miss Cari Ormerod to view the lost property cupboard.